Can Sex Help Treat Acne? The 7 Skin Health Benefits of Sex
Is this one of the most unbelievable things you've ever heard? Well my friends. Believe it.
The answer may surprise you, but YES - a healthy sex life has many health benefits including improving your skin and actually helping in some instances to fight acne.
Acne is a manifestation of an internal imbalance that most often is routed in a hormonal imbalance, specifically in the imbalance of sex hormones (androgens/testosterone, estrogen and progesterone).
- Sex balances your hormone levels, which may help in keeping your skin clearer.
- Having sex improves blood circulation, which helps to deliver oxygen to your skin. In addition to adding a healthy glow and keeping skin supple, nourished and looking young, sex will also help to eliminate toxins.
- Having sex once or twice a week increases levels of an antibody called immunoglobin, and as a result, has a positive impact on your immune system which may help in fighting inflammation and infection caused by acne bacteria nesting in your clogged pores.
- Sexual activities are obviously physical, so when performed with motivation and passion, take a good shower afterward to wash off all of that sweat - you give your skin a mini skin facial and your clogged pores a needed reprieve.
- Sex boosts natural collagen production, so it may help not only in keeping wrinkles at bay, but also in smoothing acne scars and marks (collagen is a building block of skin).
- Sex will replace sweets, and keep your weight more in control. Sugar and carbs aren't good for your skin, especially if you have acne, and there is a clear connection between the health of your digestive system and the health of your skin. So keeping away from harmful foods will help to keep your skin clearer.
- Sex will also boost the production of a "happy hormone" called serotonin, which is responsible for making you feel younger, happier and more desirable socially. These positive feelings will encourage you to take care yourself, including committing to a healthier skincare regimen.
So as you work on strengthening your relationship with this very special person in your life, remember that as far fetched as it may sound, you really are helping your skin to stay healthy, sexy and acne free!
With a promise of clear skin,