The Best Herbal Relaxants for Stress and Skin
Ever feel like this? Loaded question, I know!
But little do many know that if stress is balanced with relaxation, then its negative effects may be diminished and a balance can be achieved. Really!
And if a balance is not achieved, stress affects our skin in a variety of ways.
- Adrenaline redirects blood away from the skin and sends it to the muscles instead. This is why in times of relentless stress the skin becomes pale and "washed out".
- Anger, irritability, excitement and frustration unleash chemicals, which stimulate the sebaceous glands into pouring out more oil. The excess sebum can block the pores and encourage the pimples to form. This is why we tend to break out in spots on the eve of an important occasion.
- Chronic stress makes muscles tense up and become stiff. This prevents the flow of blood bringing enough oxygen and vital nutrients to the skin. Tension also is responsible for slowing the swift removal of wastes from the underlying tissue. Stressed skin lacks vitality and looks congested.
- Strain slows down the rate of cell turnover so the fresh epidermal cells take longer to reach the skin surface and much of their moisture has disappeared. Under constant pressure, the skin looks dull.
- Continuous stress increases cortisone secretion, which suppresses the body's natural immunity. The skin's defense breaks down and allows the skin to be irritated by outside chemicals and pollutants.
- Stress shatters serenity and fuels self-doubt. It is important to balance, regulate and compose your inner body environment, which in turn expresses itself on the surface of the skin.
How to Balance Stress with Herbal Relaxants
In order to help support and relieve anxiety and stress, certain plant relaxants, when taken regularly, can help to calm and help deal with a stressful lifestyle and support the nervous system. Try the following warm drink to balance stress and keep your skin from being effected.
Infusion Drink for Stress
- 2.5 tsp dried lime flowers
- 2.5 tsp dried chamomile
- 2.5 tsp dried vervain
Add the dried herbs to 2 cups of boiling water in a warmed pot with a lid. Leave to infuse for 10-15 minutes and then strain. Drink warm throughout the day.
Let me know how it works for you...