Important Tips on How to Fight Whiteheads and Blackheads
Do you have whiteheads or blackheads? You may not think about it but - yes, this means you HAVE acne.
The first warning sign that indicates you may succumb to acne is actually oily skin. This condition results from over production of sebum (skin oil) by your sebaceous glands. As skin oil is necessary for heathy skin, too much of it may clog your pores (together with dead skin cells, dirt, and other “debris”), and actually become a first step in the “acne cascade”. This first step is marked by the occurrence of comedones also commonly known as or whiteheads or blackheads. When clogged pores became inflamed due to the presence of bacteria, the result is a formation of pimples or even cysts.
Actually you can stop the acne cascade, mitigate oily skin and get rid of whiteheads and blackheads and prevent more serious forms of acne such as pimples and cysts as many of our AcnEase customers do. If you do not address the comedones (whiteheads and blackheads) that represent the first stage of acne and leave them untreated, your acne condition may become chronic and in consequence not only lead to more severe stages of acne but also result in damaged skin in the form of acne scars and marks.
Why are some comedones white and some black? The pore with the trapped mixture of oil and debris may be open which allows the excess oil to be exposed to the air and therefore become oxidized. This represents a blackhead. When the pore remains closed and it becomes inflamed, it is called a whitehead. When bacteria enters the scene, white blood cells from the immune system come to the rescue - we see the pimple (a pustule), and if the inflammation is deeper in the pore, this is called an acne papule. Sometimes unfortunately the inflammation spreads to the adjoining area outside of the pore and that is known as cystic acne.
In summary, as oily skin is the first step or a precursor of acne, whiteheads and blackheads (comedones) are actually acne and must be treated.
As an "ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure", the key to getting rid of acne is to take steps to prevent over secretion of the sebaceous glands. This is what AcnEase dose by mitigating the impact of the hormonal imbalance (the main reason behind the over stimulated sebaceous glands). By moderating your body’s response to hormones in the blood, AcnEase helps your production of skin oil stay at levels that are beneficial to your skin. Since AcnEase does not affects hormones directly nor changes their amount, it can be used by women and men, both adults and adolescents, and can also be used while you are using oral contraceptives, trying to conceive, are pregnant or just had a baby.
5 Important Tips on How to Fight Blackheads and Whiteheads
To complement and enhance the treatment and prevention of acne delivered by all natural, botanical AcnEase, you can follow these 5 tips that can help to keep your pores unclogged and reduce your whiteheads and blackheads.
- Properly clean your face twice daily with a mild non over-drying cleanser. Avoid drying soaps and products containing such chemicals as salicylic acid, peroxide, alcohol. In addition to irritation and oversensitivity, they may over dry your skin. In response, your skin will produce more, not less, oil.
- Avoid scrubbing your skin. Vigorous scrubbing may induce more oil production and also cause abrasions that allow bacteria to access deeper layers of the skin, which is exactly what you don't want.
- Do NOT pick, pop or squeeze your whiteheads and blackheads.This may lead to more bacteria to enter the pores, creating a vicious inflammation cycle; it also destroys tissue and leads to acne scars and marks
- NEVER sleep with your make-up on. If you use makeup, use non-comedogenic products. Also ALWAYS wash it off properly at night.
- Do not forget your shower. If you exercise, you must clean your skin from head to toe after the session and always change your clothes! Do not use hot water, just warm. Hot water may actually strip too much oil from your skin and your skin’s sebaceous glands will respond by producing more oil!
Whiteheads and Blackheads Fighting Cleanser
A homemade sugar, honey and lemon scrub can work wonders for your skin. It will help exfoliate your skin to remove excess oil and debris trapped in the pores without causing dryness.
Ingredients (use organic when possible)
1 tbs sugar
1 tbs honey
1 tbs fresh squeezed lemon
Mix all ingredients.
Apply it on your face and gently massage in circular motions. DO NOT RUB.
Leave it on for 5 minutes.
Wipe it off using a wet washcloth dipped in a warm (NOT HOT) water, and then rinse your face with luke warm water. Pat dry. Then use a light, non-comedogenic moisturizer.
Do this once or twice a week on a regular basis.
Let us know if you try these methods and whether they work for you. Did you even know that whiteheads and blackheads were acne? Tell us in the comments!