Will Fruit & Clay Make My Skin Acne-Free?
No - it's not Halloween Yet!
Just More Effective, Easy Acne-Free Recipes
REMEMBER YOUR ACNEASE® FREEBIE!
To follow up on Tuesday's email on how melon and cabbage help nourish and cleanse your skin, I wanted to give you a quick tip on how this revitalizing mask will also help to heal your skin and put you on the path to be acne-free. You choose what you want and what works best for you!
This Apple Juice and Green Clay Mask can...
...nourish, hydrate and cleanse the skin ...
...have an astringent like action on the skin...
...remove dead skin, blackheads and excess pigmentation...
...help to regulate the secretion of sebum.
Clay is a deep cleanser as it draws out impurities from beneath the skin surface. Clay contains various minerals and trace elements that nourish the skin. There are three types of clay used in cosmetics, white, green and red. Green clay is best used for treatment of skin problems, and it is particularly therapeutic for acne.
Wheat Germ Oil
By combing the wheat germ oil with the fruits and/or vegetables and the green clay, you get toning and cleansing action, and reduce inflammation.
While trying this revitalizing mask, DON'T FORGET TO ORDER MORE ACNEASE® BY SUNDAY; YOU CAN GET 1 FREE BOTTLE ($35 Value)*!
Apple Juice and Green Clay Revitalizing Mask
2 apples or 3 tablespoons fresh apple juice
1 tablespoon wheat germ oil (available in any health food store or even some regular pharmacies)
2 tablespoons of green clay powder (available on Amazon or in any health food store)
Before starting, sterilize in hot water any utensils used, and don't use metal bowls as they oxidize when in contact with the clay and fruit (it is fine to use a food processor with stainless steel blade). If making your own apple juice, place the apples in a juicer and extract 3 tablespoons. Combine the fruit and/or vegetables (in this case, juice) with the clay powder and a dash of water, cover it and leave to rest without stirring for approximately 20 minutes. Then, mix thoroughly to form a thick paste. If the clay mix is too thin add a little more clay powder. If lumps form, add a dash of water. Keep stirring until a smooth mixture is formed. Now stir in the wheat germ oil. Leave to rest for 30 minutes, and before applying, stir to make sure the paste is smooth. This mask can be used once or twice a week. Masks are best made and used on the same day; they don't have a good shelf life.
To apply the mask
- Find a calm time when you are not rushed. Protect your hair with a towel or band and remove all makeup.
- Cleanse the skin with water.
- Steam your face for 1-2 minutes to open the pores (to do this, put hot water in a bowl, put a towel over your head and put your face over the bowl - be careful not to get too close, you don't want you to burn yourself!)
- Apply the mask evenly (avoiding the eyes) and leave it on for around 20 minutes. If the mask has more of a liquid consistency, apply using a cotton ball. A second layer can be applied after a few minutes.
- Lie down and relax - no talking! Keep your face relaxed!
- Wet the mask to soften the clay first, and then remove the mask with cotton pads or a cotton towel/wash cloth and luke-warm water. Then dry.
- Close the pores using a chamomile tea or rosewater.
REMEMBER YOU CAN REACH ME ON FACEBOOK WITH QUESTIONS ANYTIME!
Be Healthy - Stay Beautiful,
Have questions for Dr. Agnes? Contact Us!
«My work in China in the pharmaceutical and healthcare sector, and my personal experience while growing up in Europe, inspired me to develop Herborium®, a novel Botanical Therapeutics® company, based on a new, innovative healthcare concept that combines science and nature. Our approach has already been proven up to 95%effective in our acne treatment, AcnEase®. Not only do I focus on developing botanical based medicinal products that are helpful in treatment, prevention and
management of different heath conditions, but also on educating the public about
the values and dangers of natural medicine.»